Scholarships available for children and adults from the Lizzy Oliver Scholarship Fund. Click link below, call 231-256-2131 or email for application so that everyone can participate in art!
- A Crash Course – How to Get Started with Watercolor ~ Jim Bergesen$22.50 – $25.00
Monday, June 3, Tuesday, June 4, Or Wednesday June 5 from 11 am - 12 pm Same course offered for three days $22.50 / Non Member $25This one hour basic crash course - provides you with all you need to know to get started effectively with Watercolor. Introduces the basics making watercolor easy and accessible. Includes the how to of watercolor materials, basic color mixing, with insight on choosing the right watercolor paper(s) and brush(es) so you'll be ready to jump-start your creations. ALL MATERIALS INCLUDED.
Please See Registration Information Below.
- Embrace Abstraction with Gels and Mediums ~ Jim Bergesen$216.00 – $240.00
Monday, June 3 to Wednesday, June 5 from 1 - 4 pm $216 / Non Member $240In this class with artist Jim Bergesen will focus the technical aspects of using the materials as a solution to your creative vision. Demonstrations, Color mixing, using a range of painting medium, both traditional and contemporary will be just some of the techniques the Bergesen will share. Jim will also be available for individual advise as time permits. ALL MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED.
Please See Registration Information Below.
- Monotypes To Go! ~ Angela Saxon$152.00 – $165.00
Thursday, September 19 11:00 am to 4:00 pm $152/Non-Member $165 (Price includes $40 materials fee)Printmaking is a thrilling process! Monotypes are made by applying paint or ink directly onto a printing plate and transferring that image to paper by hand or with a press, creating a mirror image of your original drawing. In this workshop you will make monotypes by hand, in a way that offers much flexibility. We will start with a demonstration and then explore basic mark-making techniques and learning to print using a wooden spoon. A still life will be our subject matter and we will have time to create 2-4 prints. Some experience with drawing is helpful but not absolutely necessary. This isn’t a messy process but still take care with what you wear. All materials will be available for the day of class. Learn More
- Simplifying Your Paintings to Make Them Stronger ~ Eric Michaels$238.00 – $265.00
Sunday October 6 - Tuesday October 8 11 am to 5 pm $238/ Non-Member $265Like a good house needs a solid foundation, the strength of a painting lies not in the drawing, or the detail, but in the arrangement and execution of its values and masses. In this class we will learn how to take any subject and synthesize it down to its basic value masses. Then, painting those masses accurately, simply and interestingly, we set the stage so that our main focal point has maximum impact. I will demonstrate all the tips and techniques that I know to assist the participants in what I know will be an educational and fun experience.
- Plein Air Workshop Fred Fochtman / Neil Riley ~ June 17 – 19, 2019$390.00 – $435.00Monday, June 17 – Wednesday, June 19 from 10 am – 5 pm $390 / Non Member $435 Fred Fochtman and Neil Riley, friends and award-winning artists, will conduct a collaborative three-day plein air painting workshop at the the Old Art Building in Leland Michigan. Neil Riley, now living in Vermont, taught painting for 30 […]
- Inter-generational Songwriting Workshop$50.00 – $100.00All ages welcome. $50/person ~ $70/2 people ~ $10 additional Inter-generational Songwriting Workshop is a 4-phase collaborative songwriting workshop process that takes 90-120 minutes. It works for people of all ages, requires no previous experience and produces a new song every time. This inter-generational creative empowerment process builds community and provides individuals with valuable tools […]
- Painting Peonies ~Lori Feldpausch$85.00 – $93.00
Tuesday, June 25 ~ 10 am - 4 pm $85/non-member $93Learn to paint peonies in the garden setting. Such a lovely flower to paint, they are like a little cup of light. Learn how to see the big picture of shape, light and shadow. I will start with a demo for the first 45 minutes and then you are painting the rest of the day. We will take 1/2 hour lunch break so pack a lunch. It is your workshop so ask questions and takes as needed. Supply List
Please fill out Registration Below
- Ellie Golden ~ Painting on Location$50.00
- Michael Todorff – Oil Painting from Life & Plein Air$240.00 – $265.00
Monday, July 8 – Wednesday, July 10 from 10 – 4 pm $240 / non-members $265Explore Drawing, Color, Edges and Values from life in Plein air and in the studio. Born and raised in Michigan ,artist Michael Todoroff has been drawing and painting the Natural world since childhood. Todoroff’s passion for art and nature often takes him to Michigan’s more pristine and wild areas in search for subjects to paint, including Isle Royale,Sleeping Bear Dunes and out of state locations in Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming. Todoroff received formal training at the University of Michigan. His paintings have been selected for exhibitions in ART OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM at the Bennington Center for the Arts and the prestigious BIRDS IN ART at the Woodson Art Museum, where his paintings are part of the Museum’s permanent collection SUPPLY LIST