Scholarships available for children and adults from the Lizzy Oliver Scholarship Fund. Click link below, call 231-256-2131 or email for application so that everyone can participate in art!
- Plein Air Workshop Fred Fochtman / Neil Riley ~ June 17 – 19, 2019$390.00 – $435.00Monday, June 17 – Wednesday, June 19 from 10 am – 5 pm $390 / Non Member $435 Fred Fochtman and Neil Riley, friends and award-winning artists, will conduct a collaborative three-day plein air painting workshop at the the Old Art Building in Leland Michigan. Neil Riley, now living in Vermont, taught painting for 30 […]
- Inter-generational Songwriting Workshop$50.00 – $100.00All ages welcome. $50/person ~ $70/2 people ~ $10 additional Inter-generational Songwriting Workshop is a 4-phase collaborative songwriting workshop process that takes 90-120 minutes. It works for people of all ages, requires no previous experience and produces a new song every time. This inter-generational creative empowerment process builds community and provides individuals with valuable tools […]
- Painting Peonies ~Lori Feldpausch$85.00 – $93.00
Tuesday, June 25 ~ 10 am - 4 pm $85/non-member $93Learn to paint peonies in the garden setting. Such a lovely flower to paint, they are like a little cup of light. Learn how to see the big picture of shape, light and shadow. I will start with a demo for the first 45 minutes and then you are painting the rest of the day. We will take 1/2 hour lunch break so pack a lunch. It is your workshop so ask questions and takes as needed.
- Ellie Golden ~ Painting on Location$50.00
- Michael Todorff – Oil Painting from Life & Plein Air$240.00 – $265.00
Monday, July 8 – Wednesday, July 10 from 10 – 4 pm $240 / non-members $265Explore Drawing, Color, Edges and Values from life in Plein air and in the studio. Born and raised in Michigan ,artist Michael Todoroff has been drawing and painting the Natural world since childhood. Todoroff’s passion for art and nature often takes him to Michigan’s more pristine and wild areas in search for subjects to paint, including Isle Royale,Sleeping Bear Dunes and out of state locations in Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming. Todoroff received formal training at the University of Michigan. His paintings have been selected for exhibitions in ART OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM at the Bennington Center for the Arts and the prestigious BIRDS IN ART at the Woodson Art Museum, where his paintings are part of the Museum’s permanent collection SUPPLY LIST
- Lauren Everett Finn – Acrylic 101$110.00 – $120.00
Thursday July 11 from 10 am - 4 pm At the Old Art Building ~ $110/ non-member $120Come spend the day learning how to paint with the most versatile of mediums. The first part of class is devoted to experimenting with different thicknesses of paint moving from brushing on very watery applications to thick impasto strokes with a palette knife. The last part of class is devoted to completing a small painting using some of the things you have learned. I’ll bring all the supplies… just dress in your paint clothes; bring your lunch and your can-do attitudes! We’re going to have a lot of fun
- Charles Passarelli – Watercolor$200.00 – $230.00
Monday, July 15 - Wednesday, July 17 from 10 am - 4 pm At the Old Art Building ~ $200 / non-member $230Arguably one of the easiest and least understood ways to make your watercolor paintings stand out is through the use of color. In this class you will be shown how to see new colors and to apply them to your paintings. You will learn which colors are compatible with other colors and how to successfully use them to enhance your painting. SUPPLY LIST
- Lauren Everett Finn – Flower Power!!$95.00 – $110.00
Thursday, July 18 from 10 am - 4 pm $95/ non-member $110Spend a full day immersed in colorful, vibrant and happy blooms. Using acrylic, we’ll start with two different and dynamic underpaintings, that will be the basis for some unexpected, happy accidents. We’ll be painting the flowers in layers on each of the paintings, creating some dynamic and exciting, floral works of art. Beginners are welcome! Don’t forget your lunch…you’ll need the energy for this fun, fast moving class. Supply List
- Susan Lingg – Watercolor for Beginners$75.00 – $82.00
Wednesday August 7 from 1 pm - 4 pm $75 / non-member $82
Susan’s three-hour watercolor workshop is for both beginners and intermediate painters. The discussion on tools and supplies will create clarity on all the possibilities of paint application unique to watercolor. Study landscapes, beaches, water, rivers, trees, rocks, skies and clouds during the workshop. Two small paintings are completed during the workshop. All supplies are provided by the instructor.