We ask participants to enter their paintings and drawings in the show by submitting 3 photos: A photo of their painting, a photo of the venue which inspired the painting and a portrait of themselves taken on the day of the plein air event. All works will be virtually exhibited and for sale. We are happy to carry on our Leland Air tradition and present the 9th annual plein air event and exhibition.
Before the pandemic, local artists painted scenes around Leland and brought the work directly to the Old Art Building “fresh off the easel”. Today our artists can paint wherever they are and enter their submissions inspired by various locations all over the country. We look forward to the surprising results.
On Saturday, May 22, from sunup to sundown, artists are invited to participate in a day of painting and drawing outdoors (plein air) at the location of their choice. Artists are then asked to photograph and upload a photo of their work, a photo of the venue, a photo of him/herself and a short label form.
On Sunday, May 30, at 6 pm, the virtual exhibit will be published for all to enjoy. The exhibition and sale is free of charge to the public. At 5 pm, exactly an hour earlier, "early bird" entry will take place for those who have chosen to purchase a ticket. Tickets will be made available soon.
2021 Leland Air Eligibility and Regulations
- Entry fee is $25.00 (Members $21.00)
- All work submitted for the online exhibit must be created en plein air on May 22, 2021. We trust that all artists will comply.
- Artwork media is limited to paintings and drawings. All required items must be uploaded by noon on Sunday, May 23. An instructional document (PDF Download) will follow soon.
- Your submission will require three photos and an email including the information for your art labels. Detailed submission information will be sent after registration.
- No framing is necessary.
- The public online exhibition will begin on Sunday, May 30, at 6 pm.
- The exhibit will continue through Sunday, June 13, until 6 pm.
- You can submit a maximum of two works per artist. The OAB will charge a commission of 40% on all sales. All artwork submitted must be for sale.
- Prizes for Best of Show ($100) will be announced at the start of the general public online exhibit. A People’s Choice Award ($50) will be awarded at the end of the exhibit.
- You will be responsible for connecting with the buyer and making the delivery/pickup arrangements. OAB will supply you with the buyer's contact information.
Best in Show winner’s artwork will be featured on the poster for our annual exhibit and benefit 'Art Leelanau' on July 23. Artists must be willing to accept the terms as presented in the entry form.
If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.