https://www.m22art2art.com/The Leelanau Community Cultural Center is hosting the 2018 Fiber Festival Exhibit and Sale on October 6 & 7, at the Old Art Building in Leland. Now in its 18th year, this juried show features fiber artists from around the region who will exhibit and sell their artwork. This year there is a major change in the event. This year the Fiber Festival will be open for two full days. Saturday, October 6 from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday, October 7 from 10 am – 4 pm. Admission to the event is free.
Exhibitors for the 2018 Fiber Festival
- Char Bickel ~ Hand Painted silk collage
- Keira Duvernoy ~ Handmade hats of felt wool, silk and linen
- Karin Fish-Felted wool sculpture of flora, fauna and fantasy creatures.
- Abby Foster-Sustainable fiber, luxury clothing
- Tracie Herkner-Hand and mill spun yarn, spinning supplies
- Carol Krajnik-Art pieces created with wet felting and needle felting techniques.
- Linda Kustra-One of a kind hand knitted women’s apparel scarves, shawls, shrugs.
- Chris Roosien-Hand painted yarn
- Cathy Siterlet-Hand woven garments and home decor
- Victoria Velting-a modern take on bohemian chic by modifiying clothing and accessories using repurposed materials
- Delia Venema-Serti silk painted scarfs
- Barbara & Sherie Waddell- Fabric Sculpture, Notebooks, purses, and Art Weavings.
This event coincides with several art shows throughout the county. The M22 Art2Art Tour will feature award-winning work from nearly forty Michigan artists. The four-stop tour will take place at four venues along M-22. The tour has four stops throughout Leelanau county, each stop centered around a specific medium.
At the Suttons Bay Friendship Center, ceramics and tile work by renowned clay artists like Laurie Eisenhardt and Phil Wilson. The pop-up gallery at the Village Arts Building will feature furniture and sculpture from nearly 20 award-winning artists in a variety of style, ranging from rustic, sustainable furniture by Bill Perkins, to the psychedelic, to contemporary work from artists like Jason Sharp and Larry Fox . The Old Art Building in Leland will feature a wide selection of fiber work, from intricate fiber collages by Char Bickel to hand painted yarn by Chris Roosien. In Glen Arbor, at the Community Center , you’ll find a open gallery of ten artists showing vibrant painting and sculptures by Jeff Condon and Angela Saxon . Art will be on display and for purchase at all locations.
When: October 5-7, 2018.
Opening night: 5pm – 8:30pm (in all locations except Old Art Building)
Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm
Ceramics: Suttons Bay Friendship Center, 201 W. Broadway, Suttons Bay, MI 49682
Furniture/Sculpture: Village Arts Building, 301 Mill St, Northport, MI 49670
Fiber Artist: The Old Art Building, 111 South Main Street, Leland, MI 49654
Visual Arts: Glen Arbor Community Center, 6031 S Lake Street, Glen Arbor, MI 49636